- Add featured image
From broken bones to cavities, x-rays are an invaluable diagnostic tool when it comes to healthcare. While their usefulness has not been disputed, their safety certainly has, which is why we’re happy to tell you that at Breezy Bay Dental, we use digital radiography, making your experience at our office safer than ever before.
Why We Need Radiography
For patients of all ages, intraoral radiography, or x-rays, help us diagnose problems and develop treatment plans. Not only do they help us detect cavities, they also do the following:
- Because their mouths are constantly changing, x-rays are an absolute necessity for children. X-rays help us determine if the mouth is large enough to accommodate adult teeth, allow us to monitor the development of wisdom teeth, and even detect misalignments that could ultimately lead to jaw pain, speech impediments, or airway obstruction.
- In adults, x-rays allow us to detect the deterioration of bone mass that occurs as a result of missing teeth. They can also help us see abscesses, tumors, the root canals, and even decay that is in between teeth or beneath a filling.
The Digital Difference
Breezy Bay Dental is proud to offer state-of-the art digital dentistry to our patients. Our x-rays are all taken using the Sirona Schick Sensor System, which offers the following benefits:
- The images are immediate, which means that you don’t have to wait for your x-rays to develop.
- The images are more clear than those provided by traditional x-rays, which allows us to accurately diagnose you from the start.
- Digital radiography exposes patients to far less radiation than traditional x-rays, making it the safest option available to date.
While we stand behind the safety of our Sirona Schick system, we do not recommend using it on women who are pregnant. If you are pregnant, mention it to your dentist prior to your appointment.
Your x-rays and other dental images will be easy, breezy at Breezy Bay Dental. Your overall health and safety are equally important to your dental health, and we are happy to offer technology that will keep you worry free! If you live in Palm Harbor or the surrounding communities, we’d love to help you have a beautiful and healthy smile. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.